This is not only a “training”, but an opportunity to think about the university as you want it to be and get in touch with the power you already have to make it that way! Through a series of activities, mini-teaches, and discussions, we will address topics such as:
- the values we seek to implement in our academic and professional settings
- an overview of relational power and its importance in a worker-driven university
- how to determine your influence and capabilities in your department/lab/program
- how to talk to your peers about organizing and working together to improve your working conditions
- how NUGW is currently working towards better conditions for graduate workers
- how to come up with actions you can take immediately!
No matter how long you’ve been a part of NUGW, or how much you’ve been active, we encourage you to come and share your skills and ideas here with your peers.
The session will be hosted over Zoom until we can safely do them in person. In order to manage the activities and ensure that everyone can be involved, these sessions will be limited to 15 participants. To expand the number of people who can participate, the same session will be hosted twice.
RSVP for sessions on either:
- Saturday, April 17 (11AM to 1PM CT)
- Saturday, May 22 (1PM to 3PM CT)
If you’re unable to attend either session, don’t worry–our goal is to do this every quarter!
If you have any questions or issues with registration, or want to be notified of future sessions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you!